Thursday, October 9, 2014

the spangenbergs | from behind the lens


I am continuing to learn more than expected in such a short period of time.  Or rather, am realizing how much I have yet to learn, acutely aware that the breadth of knowledge to be unwrapped in this art form is understatedly overwhelming.  Though I must say, each photography session is like a present, of which I am completely unaware of it's contents until that moment when the shimmering edges are peeled back.  Only two weeks ago I marveled at light, and felt it's beauty allowed me to capture something thru the lens that I had yet uncovered.  Although I certainly couldn't stop there.  In pouring over photographer's galleries that leave me in awe, Jordan pointed out a very helpful tidbit... the bokeh effect.  Of course, he didn't know to call it that, nor did I for that matter, but a beautifully sharp focal point with a softly blurred background, determined by your depth-of-field.  Okay, now we're cookin'! So a bit of research and I was on my way to putting a new found technique to use... only to find that I needed the right lens.  Ah, so THIS is why photographers keep investing in lens's.  I can definitely see this becoming dangerous... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment