Tuesday, September 16, 2014

a new endeavor | from behind the lens

Photographs really are lovely relics.  They capture moments as though frozen in time, spur on memories sparked by an instant, and relive smiles that remind us what joy looks like.  I have always loved taking photographs, with what started as the view through an oblong Kodak camera, and made it's way to thick, floral print albums filled with sticky backings and plastic coverings.  I was simply enamored with finding a moment and catching it, like you would fireflies on a summer's evening, hopeful that such light would illuminate your glass jar even after letting them go.  Songwriting, in certain ways, holds to the same aspiration; a beautiful seizing of life and the emotion that makes it so.  Although I never intended to study photography, examining light and shadows and angles, or researching lenses and camera bodies, I somehow find myself closer to that reality.  Traveling the country this past year took my love for photographs beyond what I had yet known, and after an impromptu engagement session for my sister and her fiancé, I found myself diving into a craft I least expected.

In brief, it looks like my hobby is extending beyond those bounds, and I'm quite excited by the idea!  So I wanted to give you a literal look into what I've been up to, which has so far culminated into two photo shoots, but of course, every endeavor needs some sort of beginning.  These are just a few of my favorites from each session, and though I am most certainly a work in progress, it has been rejuvenating to turn yet another love into a way of life.







No comments:

Post a Comment